Monday 18 April 2011

Land's End

Got the passport stamped and posed for the picture by the Land's End sign. Please note it's about 1200 miles to John O'Groats by the tracks I'm following (870 is by road!).
As the song goes 'You'll never walk alone' I not only have Sal collie dog with me but also the spirit of a very brave young man, James Neal, who's going with me all the way. And by the way James, will you stop running ahead with Sal and come back and help me carry this pack! Thinking of James does indeed make the pack lighter  - and I'd love you to make your wallet lighter by giving generously to Leukaemia and Lymphoma research www.justgiving.com/andyroberts3 or on a sponsor form. Thank you very very much to all those who have donated so far; all I've got to do is put one foot in front of the other, one mile, 1200 times.
First day was bright and sunny and reached Zenner after 16 miles of up and down coastline. I was going to camp a the Youth Hostel but they've decided not to allow camping anymore; despite my pleas they would not budge - so I camped wild on a cliff top. Sal has got used to the tent very quickly. Just managed to let Dianne know how I'm doing at lunchtime today, munching a sausage roll; Sal's whining loudly because she wants to be off!

2 comments:

  1. Hope your joints are holding up. Good spread in the telegraph today.I know he@ll be with you every step of the way YNWA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Andy and Sal, we'll be checking for updates daily! Mat, Tracy and Dylan.

    ReplyDelete