Wednesday 20 April 2011

Zennor, Gwithiam, Perranporth and Mawgan Porth

Land's End to Zennor 16 miles, to Gwithian 16 miles, to Perranporth 19 miles and to Mawgan Porth 17 miles...only 1100 to go!
The scenery is stunning (except the cars and people in Newquay - far too many of them) the coast walking is really hard, up and down and rocky. Really kind camp site at Gwithian where they cut a patch of grass just for me and Sal to camp on. The Youth Hostel at Perranporth was fantastic - great food and very friendly. Sal ate Spag Bol leftovers - how am I going to get her to eat dog food? And we both had scrambled egg and toast for breakfast! Sal is eating dog food too I hasten to add, she just keeps sharing mine too. I met some really nice people walking today, two ladies walking the coastal path said I was going the wrong way. I told them 'not when you're walking to Scotland'...they said "you're not joking are you" and then they sponsored me, which was very kind - many thanks to them.
I've heard from Joanne and Stu that we've got some more sponsor money back home too - thank you very much to everyone. And apparently Jo has taken up painting and decorating - I might have some competition when I get back; or maybe an apprentice?

I must remember to say thank you to Lowe Alpine and North Face too. Lowe Alpine kindly gave me a huge ruck sack from their charity stock and North Face gave me a lightweight waterproof coat from their charity cupboard. The ruck sack has really good back supports which my old one had none of - it really is helpful when you're carrying your house on your back!

And a message for Rachael - I'm camped by a couple in a Volkswagon camper van just like those that Jack likes :o).

Me, Sal and our constant companion, James, are off for an early night (it's only a very small tent...) - but we do have very early mornings! The waves crashing against the cliffs are noisy when you're not used to them.

17 miles again tomorrow to Wadebridge, then 19 miles to Boscastle to the rebuilt Youth Hostel. Night night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment