Sunday 8 May 2011

The Welsh Borders to Shropshire

Chepstow to Monmouth, Pandy to Hay-on-Wye (no time to look at book shops) in and out of Powys and Herefordshire along the Offa's Dyke trail now heading for Craven Arms in Shropshire (it's a small town not a pub - shame). I've got very very wet these last two days; a kind lady stopped to offer me a lift, which I unfortunately could not accept, so she gave me some sponsor money instead! Stayed in a camp site full of kids doing Duke of Edinburgh award and got no sleep....the kids and the teachers were enjoying themselves until about 4am. Hey ho! It feels like I'm moving faster now I've got away from the SW coast and started going 'up' the country; 375miles done - only about 825 to go....one mile at a time; around twenty miles a day. I thought Sal would miss me but apparently she doesn't; I don't miss lifting her over stiles but she was good company in the evenings. She's coming back for some more walking later (so I'm told....as she has come to expect 20 miles a day).
It's more hummocky hills and foresty in Shropshire than the higher hills on Offa's Dyke in Powys but very few pubs or shops; might have to dine on packet soup again - my last good pub grub was in Pandy 60 miles back! I have a short break every afternoon to listen to the Archers (It happens to us all when we reach fifty).
Please remember I'm doing this to raise money for leukaemia and lymphoma research, I hope you never need their help, but you never know when you or your loved ones might, please help me raise money for children like James.
A few more pics from my journey, see you soon :o)

moors the merrier....

I really was tired.......

Lots of Shaun's......

No comments:

Post a Comment