Tuesday 7 June 2011

The Great Glen Way

Well, here I am on the Great Glen Way (GGW). I've just left Fort William today, the end of the West Highland Way (WHW) and the start of the GGW. Camping at Loch Lochy tonight. There should be spectacular views, but it's raining a lot and I'm in my tent all zipped up. I have a wee dram of whisky for company this evening - I met a guy called Ian, who's doing the GGW, in the station at Fort William where I went for breakfast this morning and he's got a bottle of whisky in his rucksack!
Tomorrow I'll start walking along Loch Ness (better not have too much whisky or I might see Nessie); and I'll hit the 1000 mile mark!!! Yikes! I met another chap today who asked me and Ian where we had come from and when I said Land's End he thought I was kidding, then he said I was mad. I said I'm not mad, I'm raising money for Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research. Please urge anyone you can think of to donate www.justgiving.com/andyroberts3 or pledge sponsorship on a form. Thank you so much to everyone who's donated - only two hundred miles to go!
Here's a few more piccies, including the reason I'm doing this:
James with Sir Ian Botham at a charity walk

I'm not allowed to swim

I can see for miles and miles

The green green grass...

They've got some strange sheep up here

Me and John Stenton in Ribblesdale

Still smiling, still raining

Just in case I get lost

Haven't you forgot something Andy?

A long way away....

I've seen some unusual homes on the way

And some I'd like to try


An Englishman's home is his castle

But his wife prefers a thatched cottage


That would be cheating


No comments:

Post a Comment