Saturday 11 June 2011

No sign of Nessie

Having escaped the Loch Ness monster I'm just passing the Cromarty Firth now. My wife says that's because she's got the monster at home - I have no idea what she means; do you Sal? I have heard you ran away round the village the other night and I'll need to get you back under control. It's understandable - I'd be missing me too. Not long now Sal.
Yesterday was lovely weather for a change - hoorah! Very warm and sunny; a different world to the rain I've been in.
Although I've decided I never want to stop at a Youth Hostel again after last night. I had to share a room with four other people who were drunk and noisy. I had a lot of busy road walking along an A road, which was not very pleasant and made my feet very sore. End of grumbles :o(
Today is fine again. I've just been to a lovely charity cafe place in Edmorton? (or something like that) where they plied me with cake and tea and then got a £25 donation together for our Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research funds - a big thank you to them :o)
Must carry on now as I want to reach Dornoch tonight. Here's a few pics to show you what you're missing.
A lovely view ......of a windfarm ...

The biggest cairns I've seen


views that make you go WOW!

for miles and miles (about 1000 so far!)


I'm being good really - don't listen to the stories

Some good spots for wild camping up here

No comments:

Post a Comment